"Black Gold" Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) Imagine™ Organic Vegetable Broth or Imagine™ Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 5 cans (15 oz. ea.) Westbrae Natural® Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum Naturals® High Heat Safflower Oil or Spectrum Naturals Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) Westbrae Natural® Whole Kernel Golden Corn, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Garden of Eatin'® All Natural Chili & Lime Cantina Chips or Garden of Eatin™ Blue Tortilla Chips
- In a blender or food processor, puree 1 can of Imagine™ Broth with 3 cups of Westbrae Natural® Organic Black Beans. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat Spectrum Naturals® Oil. Add onion and carrot and cook until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add coriander and cumin; cook 30 seconds.
- Add remaining Imagine™ Broth, pureed black bean mixture, remaining drained Westbrae Natural® Organic Black Beans, Westbrae Natural® Whole Kernel Corn, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish if desired. Serve with Garden of Eatin'™ Tortilla Chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 6 servings.